EconomX is an online marketplace to enable better Local Content practices.
EconomX creates better economic and social benefits for communities.
EconomX wants Local Content to be accessible, valuable and sustainable.
EconomX aims to:
- Reduce buyer costs and time by providing efficient and well-informed access to local suppliers.
- Increase the visibility of supply opportunities to local businesses.
- Support the development of capable, competitive and reliable local suppliers.
- Support collaboration between Industry, Government, Economic Development & Community
- Make it easier for local workers to access employment and for the community to attract people to live in the region.
We are conducting Local Content Surveys for Surat Basin, Gladstone, Bowen Basin and Brisbane to fully understand the local content opportunities and challenges in these regions. Please contribute.
The EconomX Local Content strategy and online marketplace has been designed by Ben Hughes, Principal of Hughes et al and Chris Mills, Founder & MD of Strategenics.
Strategenics is a Toowoomba based business that has designed and delivered numerous transformative IT strategies for Major Projects, State Government and Local Councils which focus on capturing the benefits of digital platforms, economic development and procurement strategies.
Hughes et al has been operating exclusively in the Surat Basin for the last 7 years designing and implementing successful Local Content strategies for Major Projects and Principal Contractors that have increased the participation of local suppliers and workers.
We believe Local Content has unfulfilled potential to increase local participation across the Surat Basin and that if the lessons learned from the past can be applied to a new model that is designed for the future numerous financial, commercial, economic and social benefits can be realised by those that choose to positively participate.
Chris and Ben are grateful to a number of key local stakeholders and industry experts who have provided their advice, input and support to the design of EconomX thus far.